The Rhinebeck Historical Society was founded in 1967.  

We maintain and manage an extensive archives collected over many years and dating back to the 1700's. The archives are protected in a climate controlled facility at the Starr Library in Rhinebeck and are available to anyone on request or during scheduled hours of operation (see note below).  A catalog of the archived materials is maintained and updated constantly and is available through this web site (click here).

Archives are located on the lower level of the Starr Library, 68 West Market Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572. The society collects, arranges and cares for historic records that bear on local life of the past. The society also provides a schedule of monthly educational programs on local history, free and open to the public and a quarterly newsletter of information related to local history.  

Access to the archival material may be arranged through RHS's archivist, Michael Frazier by emailing him at Mailing address is Rhinebeck Historical Society, PO Box 291 Rhinebeck, NY 12572. Research questions pertaining to local history can also be addressed to him at either the email or PO box address. 

    Did You Know?
Rhinebeck was founded in 1686. The town was originally called Kipsbergen until 1713.

Rhinebeck has 437 sites on the National Historic Register.

Of the 16 miles of the Riverfront Historic District (30 contiguous estates), 8 miles are in Rhinebeck.

Rhinebeck's Beekman Arms (1766) is the oldest continuously operating inn in the country.

The first show at the Aerodrome was in 1960.

(contact Dave or Mike)​